Tuesday 18 June 2013

Father's Day

2 days after Father's Day. I know I'm way past the post but I'll pen it down anyway. We decided to start the fun on Saturday itself. So off we trooped to the Airport . Why the Airport? Coz there is loads of room for the children to run around without running into- or so we thought. It was exciting as it was the first time the 5 of us were out !!! without help!!!! ( what a spoilt bunch you may think).

Baby in the stroller and 2 pre-schoolers trudging along with Daddy and Me- Bliss. We grabbed the doughnuts and allowed the children to do what they do best- run around. Nothing really exciting, just the 5 of us hanging out by ourselves. It lasted till the little ones ran themselves out silly and baby became restless.

That night was spent secretly writing cards for Daddy and the 2 Grandpas. I had to remind the children not to spill the beans and I must say, not bad . They kept mum.

The next morning I had to ensure that Daddy was still in bed whilst I prepared his gift, the card and the children. They carried the stuff, got into the room and wished their Daddy who had no idea what hit him. The point of execution was the sweetest ever- The love between a Father and his children. Well, I think we'll do it again next year, and Daddy will still be surprised ...... Happy Father's Day to my Husband!

                                                                (picture from Raising Godly Children)

No comments:

Post a Comment